Camp Fire in the News
Camp Fire youth, staff and volunteers do important things every day...important things that get noticed and get talked about!
Below are links to a few recent stories that demonstrate what's happening in the world of Camp Fire.
- Cathy Tisdale talks to 3,000 college students about working in the nonprofit sector
Watch Cathy Tisdale, President and CEO, as she gives the keynote address at the 2013 AMI conference in Atlanta, GA. Cathy gives advice to these young people about working in the nonprofit sector: what it means and what it takes.
- Obama nominates Camp Fire alum to Interior Secretary post
Sally Jewell, Camp Fire alum and CEO of REI, will be focused on "protecting the country's land, keeping an eye on America's future, creating jobs, growing businesses and moving the country toward energy independence." (New York Times, February 6, 2013)
- "Nurturing the Spark" --- Camp Fire Alumnae talk about growing up in Camp Fire, the new brand, and the future of our organization. (KC Independent, November 10, 2012)
- "Nature Tikes" --- Our Camp Fire team in Austin, TX has launched a new program where families with toddlers and preschool age children experience nature together.
- Adventure Camp --- Our Camp Fire team in Kansas City partnered with Alphapointe Association for the Blind to host an innovative new summer camping experience. You'll be touched by this wonderful video. (Youtube, September 6, 2012)