Vice President, Marketing
The Vice President of Marketing's primary focus will be planning and directing marketing of the organization by performing the following duties personally or through designated staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned
- Leads and supervises execution of Camp Fire's marketing and communications plan, with emphasis on brand compliance, PR, media relations, advertising, digital and social media, and website.
- Supports achievement of revenue goals through design and direction of marketing plans, campaigns, online merchandise strategies, and programs.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Serves as liaison with outside PR/advertising agencies, consultants, and contractors.
- Oversees development and production of branded promotional and collateral materials.
- Provides marketing analysis, recommendations and regular updates, in formats appropriate to the target audience(s).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field or
equivalent experience; master's degree or related professional credentials desirable.
Proven success and at least 5 years of experience:
- Directing execution of brand re-positioning, marketing and corporate communications strategies.
- Brand and consumer product marketing, with a history of increasing brand value with tangible marketing results.
- Utilizing traditional and digital media outlets, at national and regional levels.
- Conducting and effectively utilizing market research.
- Expanding earned media exposure and consumer engagement.
- 5+ years in a leadership role, preferably supervising within a matrixed team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively across all headquarters functions and with councils.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; including ability to effectively present complex information to large and diverse internal audiences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing, Spreadsheet, presentation, database/CRM and Internet software, as well as knowledge of digital/social media platforms.
Directly supervises three individuals: one employee and two external consultants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees and contractors; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Please send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org.